Look at this girl! Does she even look tired? This is what I found when I finally gave up on today's nap. I know I would be a lot happier if I would just throw my hands up and admit defeat, but for some reason I can't do that just yet. Naps are lookin' like they're a thing of the past. This past week or two I have put Audrey in bed, and then just hoped and prayed that she'd fall asleep. Most of the time she just plays with her toys or sings songs to herself. I even tried locking all of her toys in her closet to get her to sleep better. That didn't work. She's got way too much imagination!I don't know why I'm all that worried about her napping anymore anyway. Usually if I am lucky enough to get her to fall asleep, I'm so worried about waking her up that I end up tiptoeing around, taking the phone of the hook, and being as silent as I possibly can.
I've been here before with Khursten & Nicole, but for some reason it's always a sad day for me when naptime if officially over. It's so hard to really call it quits. In the back of my mind there's always the off-chance that today will be the day she decides to fall asleep. How about you? Did the thought of giving up your kid-free hour of reading a good book (or surfing blogs) seem like it just might be the end of the world as you know it? :)
5 comments:
Naps, What is that??? My kids never hardly nap even my baby. But they sleep really good at night so I will take that over the naps. Good Luck
I feel the sorrow for you! I am SOO lucky that Kennadee will still take naps for me most days. I think I might go a little crazy when she doesn't...that neglect her for an hour a day!
The end of nap time is horrible!!! I still will have "quiet time" each day. So she could still have some time in her room for you to have to "me" time. However long she might stay there! Good luck!
I would almost (I said ALMOST) prefer no naps to the stress of TRYING to get my child to take a nap. Today was one of those days...I was in and out of his room every 10 minutes for 2 hours. It would've been better just to give up and turn on a quiet movie for him. Who knows. I feel your pain!
Let me first say that I'm so glad I found your blog!
I totally feel your pain with the naps. I'm trying to get my three-year-old to hold onto naptime, but he doesn't seem convinced.
One good thing about when they give up naps, though, is that they start going to bed a little earlier! The thought of not having that hour or two of free time during the day is why I keep holding on!
Post a Comment