I don't know about the rest of you out there, but as soon as I turn off my TV on Wednesday nights after watching So You Think You Can Dance, I immediately start dancing. I'm so riled up that this is definitely the time when my best moves come out. I think I'm 16-years-old all over again. It's a pity really that there aren't more people there to share this moment with me. Ryan doesn't seem to fully appreciate it's amazingness. Anyway... I was in the middle of tonight's very awesome dancing escapade doing all of my usual moves when I found myself mid-air in an attempt to do a toe touch. As I was ascending I thought to myself, "Oh no! What did I just do?" You see... I haven't done a toe touch in many, many years. I knew the outcome could not be good. It was like in the movies when everything goes in super slow motion when something bad's about to happen. I reached the peak of my fabulous move (which I happened to do in front of my full-length mirror so I could make sure to witness my own greatness) I yelped as I reached the mid-air splits and sharp stabbing pains ran through my legs. Would that noise be classified as a crack or a pop? The way back down was actually okay. I was able to once again get my feet underneath myself in preparation for the landing. But oh the landing! Not pretty. Any of you who have had 3 kids may know what I'm talking about. Let's just say that tonight's little charade left me with a firm belief that I no longer think I can dance. Sad day for Sarah, indeed.
.
.
Blog Jar: What is the most wonderful thing that ever happened to you?
Umm... talk about hard! I don't really know. Some of my best things were of course meeting Ryan and being blessed with three wonderful little girls. I also think that making the decision to go back to church and getting sealed to Ryan and Khursten is right up there at the top of my list. Ryan calls this type of answer "cloud answers". (Don't ask me how he came up with that name) It's the type of answer you give at church when you really don't know the right answer. You know the type of answer I'm talking about. "say my prayers," read my scriptures." "go to church." You're usually safe when you go with one of those. But I actually feel like quite a few good things have happened in my life within the past little while. Getting my surgery, getting our new house, making some awesome friends (but not having them move away. that was lame), Ryan's promotion. That's not one definite answer, but it will have to do for now. :)
4 comments:
this one time i thought i could be he-man and lift some thing really heavy at work, i spent the next 4 days in bed unable to move. it's no fun to have reality argue with our minds beliefs, it's even worse when reality wins.
I would LOVE to witness your dancing! Especially if it involves an attempted toe touch (something I was never able to do). Too bad I fall under the category of a lame friend that moved away. Maybe by the time our trip to Hawaii is here you will have mastered this move once again! I assure you that no amount of practice and stretching will enable my body be able to do such a thing - I don't know if I can even bend over and touch my toes!
Hilarious!! Tell Ryan next week to break out the video camera...I think we would all love to see that awe inspiring moment and have it on film forever. I am impressed that you can still do a toe touch even if it wasn't graceful.
Why do we always think we are 16 and made out of rubber? I have done this myself. Ouch!
Post a Comment