Here's a quick little plug. My grandma gave me this book for Christmas a few years ago. Sadly, it just sat on my shelf until a couple of months ago. I finally got it down and dusted it off. I have since discovered that it's the most awesome family night book ever! It's so easy. All you do is draw a number out of a bag and it tells you which lesson you'll be teaching. There's no prep work involved. All you have to do is read the lesson (which are written so that you can easily dumb them down for little kids or go more in depth for older ones) and then it gives you discussion ideas, suggested scriptures, and primary songs. We've been using it every week for a couple of months and it's made the agony of trying to think up family home evening lessons a snap! I've been so terrible about family home evening and it feels good to know I'm finally doing it! Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Best Family Night Book Ever
Here's a quick little plug. My grandma gave me this book for Christmas a few years ago. Sadly, it just sat on my shelf until a couple of months ago. I finally got it down and dusted it off. I have since discovered that it's the most awesome family night book ever! It's so easy. All you do is draw a number out of a bag and it tells you which lesson you'll be teaching. There's no prep work involved. All you have to do is read the lesson (which are written so that you can easily dumb them down for little kids or go more in depth for older ones) and then it gives you discussion ideas, suggested scriptures, and primary songs. We've been using it every week for a couple of months and it's made the agony of trying to think up family home evening lessons a snap! I've been so terrible about family home evening and it feels good to know I'm finally doing it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That sounds great! I have a hard time getting everyone to sit still while I try to teach a lesson. I'll have to give that book a try. Thanks.
Post a Comment