Sunday, May 11, 2008

Saturday Was a Very Fun Day


I was really hoping to be at church right now since I'm feeling much better, it's Mothers' Day, the girls have a primary program, and I really miss all of my church friends. But, poor Ryan woke up feeling terrible. I didn't think I was quite up to the challenge of battling all three girls at church by myself. That would probably do me in. So... I have decided to blog instead.
For Mothers' Day my Mother-in-Law really wanted a playground for the grandkids to play on. We all showed up at 10:00 Saturday morning to surprise her with her gift and to start putting it together. I wasn't much help (at all) so I designated myself as the official photographer instead. It only took 8 1/2 hours to assemble. (No exaggeration) It was fun watching Ryan and his brothers work together. They don't get to see each other nearly enough. When it was done, the shouts of joy from the grandkids made it worth every minute of time, every stiff back, and every splinter.

Here are some pictures of the whole event. Brandon made a super fancy video of the whole thing too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We missed you at church! Happy Mother's Day!

Grandma Cindy May said...

It was the best Mother's Day present EVER. Love the pictures.
And the plaque.