Some very good friends of ours that we hadn't seen in way too long, invited us over tonight for a rousing game of Rock Band. Do you know this game? If not, I think you need to find someone who owns it and play it! We had so much fun! I've always thought of myself as a person who has a certain amount of rhythm. This proved to be completely false. I have NO rhythm at all. I absolutely sucked. Slightly embarrassing, but not enough to make me stop playing. I started out on the drums and after earning a 93% on my second try, I became overly arrogant and was convinced that I could pretty much rock the game. Let me just say that after that one 93%, my highest score was in the low 70's. I even tried switching to the bass, but that only proved worse for me. If we are ever graced with another invitation, I am going to just own my suckiness and have fun. No more insecure apologies. You get what you get with me. Who am I kidding anyway? If I was actually as awesome as I think I should be I'd be rockin' out in a real band. Who knows, maybe next time I could even take a turn as the singer. Well... maybe not. Quick props to my uncle Jean-Paul who actually does play the drums in a wicked awesome band, Clutch. I have found new respect for you, my friend. It definitely takes some serious talent. Thanks guys for showing us such a fun time!Saturday, June 21, 2008
I'm in a Rock Band?
Some very good friends of ours that we hadn't seen in way too long, invited us over tonight for a rousing game of Rock Band. Do you know this game? If not, I think you need to find someone who owns it and play it! We had so much fun! I've always thought of myself as a person who has a certain amount of rhythm. This proved to be completely false. I have NO rhythm at all. I absolutely sucked. Slightly embarrassing, but not enough to make me stop playing. I started out on the drums and after earning a 93% on my second try, I became overly arrogant and was convinced that I could pretty much rock the game. Let me just say that after that one 93%, my highest score was in the low 70's. I even tried switching to the bass, but that only proved worse for me. If we are ever graced with another invitation, I am going to just own my suckiness and have fun. No more insecure apologies. You get what you get with me. Who am I kidding anyway? If I was actually as awesome as I think I should be I'd be rockin' out in a real band. Who knows, maybe next time I could even take a turn as the singer. Well... maybe not. Quick props to my uncle Jean-Paul who actually does play the drums in a wicked awesome band, Clutch. I have found new respect for you, my friend. It definitely takes some serious talent. Thanks guys for showing us such a fun time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
How fun! We have Karaoke Revolution...but it's ONLY singing. The band one sounds super fun...I'm sure I would be terrible!
That is one of those games i like to watch but not take part in, I can honestly say i have no rythem and cant really say that i ever have. Props to you for sticking it out. it is fun to play even if your not good. I even still play halo with Ryan.
Sounds like a lot of fun. I would really like to try and play that sometime, now if only I had a friend of maybe a sister who owned it..... wink wink ;)
Glad you had fun, so did we! Come back anytime, we are always up for a game.
Thanks for writing this.
Post a Comment